Job Position: Staff Assistant & Nanny
Reports to: House Parents and Program Directors
-Staff assistant- To support women in the program by offering resources, mentorship,
goal setting/achieving, discipleship, etc. To assist the program manager(s) as needed with
transportation, administrative duties, Christian character training, food preparation, household
chores, and other needs as they arise.
-Nanny- To support houseparents and program directors by caring for missionary
children. To support residents with childcare on rare occasions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Provide mentorship for women in the program
● Communicate with house parents / program managers in order to provide
comprehensive care to the women
● Build positive relationships with all residents living on the New Beginnings campus
● Share in the responsibility of staffing evenings and weekends. This schedule can vary at
times dependent on vacations.
● Support women (and children) in classes, labor and delivery, appointments, etc as
● Facilitate hospitality and offer support for extended families of residents
● Aid the house parents and program managers in the day-to-day operation and
management of the maternity home (to include some administrative tasks)
● Assist with fundraising events
● Assist with troubleshooting various household issues as they arise. This includes
relational and/or the more tangible issues of the house such as maintenance issues
● Coordinate with houseparents to respond to incoming applications
● Attend weekly prayer and staff meeting
● Partner with the program managers in ensuring daily/weekly/monthly chores are
● In charge of meal planning with the girls. Meals need to be nutritious.
● Providing childcare to children in missionary families primarily works with house parents
in the maternity home, but will be available to other staff.
● On rare occasions will have the opportunity to provide childcare for women in the
● Nannies have the opportunity to provide a quality learning environments for missionary
● Supportive play times, because of the sacrifices that missionary children make so that
their parents can be on mission, many opportunities are provided for children to learn
and play. Recreation includes visits to libraries and parks, as well as trips to the local zoo
and children's museum.
● Nannies provide transportation to many activities including supportive play and learning
times as well as preschool classes
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● Personal knowledge of Jesus christ as Lord and Savior and exhibits Christian fruit and
integrity in attitudes and actions
● Completion of Discipleship Training School with Youth With a Mission
● Self starter
● Assessment/diagnostic ability
● Administrative/organizational skills
● Positive personal interactions
● Writing/communication skills
● Program development skills
● Experience involving supervision of teenagers or working with youth (preferred)
● Experience involving working with infants and young children
● Aptitude to work with expectant mothers
● Minimal knowledge on healthy eating
● Valid driver's license
● Support, encourage, and be willing to yield to the house parents and program manager
in their oversight of the home
● Ability to show Christian compassion and encouragement
● Desire to see women’s lives restored and walking in freedom
● Positive attitude
● Patience with residents and their children
● Desire to read the bible and have consistent personal quiet times
● Faithful attendance in a local church
● Neutral regarding the options of adoption versus single parenting for unmarried pregnant
● Committed to the institution of adoption, the sanctity of human life, and sexual
abstinence outside of marriage
● Flexibility, things can change fast (very important)
Length of Commitment:
At least two years, with hopeful extensions in 6+ month increments.
(You could instead commit at an intern level which would be a minimum 6 month commitment)
This is a volunteer position. Room and board as well as a vehicle to be used for ministry
purposes is provided (living expenses are $125 a month for interns, free for staff). All
missionaries who have been through a DTS with Youth With A Mission (and commit at least 2
years to the ministry) have the opportunity to raise their support through the ministry.
Living in ministry means that often times you are “working” outside your normal hours please
have a flexible attitude with this. Time off to rest and rejuvenate will be given.
Generally, hours are 8:30am to 7pm Tuesday-Saturday (this may change at any time) and some
nights on as well.
Regular feedback will be provided. The staff assistant will be evaluated at 30 days, 60 days, 90
days and quarterly thereafter
To apply or learn more please email email@example.com or call 253.353.2229