Job Position: Nanny
Reports to: House Parents
To support New Beginnings Staff team by caring for their missionary children. To support residents with childcare on rare occasions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Providing childcare to children in missionary families, primarily works with house parents
in the maternity home, but will be available to other staff.
● Weekly childcare of specific times to include: staff meetings, 1 on 1 meetings, house meetings, Bible Study, and Date Night.
● On rare occasions will have the opportunity to provide childcare for residents in our
● Nannies have the opportunity to provide a quality learning environments for missionary
● Supportive play times, because of the sacrifices that missionary children make so that
their parents can be on mission, many opportunities are provided for children to learn
and play. Recreation includes visits to libraries and parks, as well as trips to the local zoo
and children's museum.
● Nannies provide transportation to many activities including supportive play and learning
times as well as preschool classes
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● Personal knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and exhibit Christian fruit and
integrity in attitude and action
● Completion of Discipleship Training School with Youth With a Mission
● Self starter
● Assessment/diagnostic ability
● Administrative/organizational skills
● Positive personal interactions
● Writing/communication skills
● Program development skills
● Experience involving supervision of teenagers or working with youth (preferred)
● Experience involving working with infants and young children
● Aptitude to work with expectant mothers
● Minimal knowledge on healthy eating
● Valid driver's license
● Support, encourage, and be willing to yield to the house parents in their oversight of the home
● Ability to show Christian compassion and encouragement
● Desire to see women’s lives restored and walking in freedom
● Positive attitude
● Patience with residents and their children
● Desire to read the bible and have consistent personal quiet times
● Faithful attendance in a local church
● Neutral regarding the options of adoption versus single parenting for unmarried pregnant
● Committed to the institution of adoption, the sanctity of human life, and sexual
abstinence outside of marriage
● Flexibility, things can change fast (very important)
Length of Commitment:
At least two years, with hopeful extensions in 6+ month increments.
(You could instead commit at an intern level which would be a minimum 6 month commitment)
This is a volunteer position. Room and board as well as a vehicle to be used for ministry
purposes is provided (living expenses are $125 a month for interns, free for staff). All
missionaries who have been through a DTS with Youth With A Mission (and commit at least 2
years to the ministry) have the opportunity to raise their support through the ministry.
Living in ministry means that often times you are “working” outside your normal hours please
have a flexible attitude with this. Time off to rest and rejuvenate will be given.
Generally, hours are 8:30am to 7pm 5 days per week and 1 or 2 evenings.
Regular feedback will be provided with an evaluation at 30 days, 60 days, 90
days and quarterly thereafter.
To apply or learn more please email email@example.com or call 253.353.2229